If you found this post via Google, most likely you already know the benefits of wheatgrass. But where can you find buy or effortlessly prepare wheatgrass juice in Singapore? Hint: Liang Teh.
A few weeks ago, a lot of pimples re-surfaced on my face, around my left jaw area. A lady friend of mine whom met me over a meal said, “Friend, you must be having late nights and eating junk food again.”
“Yar lor, all those overtime work have been killing me. No time to exercise and eat proper meals. ‘Heatiness’ and all toxins have built up again and showing up on my face.” I replied.
“Drink more ‘liang teh’ (herbal teas) or fruit juices, everyday.”
“C’mon lah, I don’t have a maid or some expensive cold press juicer like you.”
“Haha, you can easily find bottled liang teh in those Traditional Chinese Medicines chain stores. They are not expensive and freshly brewed everyday. Strongly recommend the concentrated wheatgrass juice from Hock Hua. I drink almost every other day.”
I was thinking in my mind, “No harm trying. There’s one Hock Hua near my place anyway.”
The next day, I went over to the TCM store to take a look after my work. There were wide variety of herbal teas to choose from, all in 500 ml bottles. Even for the wheatgrass juice, there were two choices: the normal one (S$1.20) and the concentrated one with honey ($3).
Well, since I was eager to see the effect and it was cheaper than a cup of Starbucks, and recommended by my dear friend, I bought the concentrated one and drank immediately.
It wasn’t the tastiest ‘liang teh’ especially with the intense grassy flavour, neither was it disgusting because there was some honey in it. The cheekiness in me thought:
“Let the cows eat it; the dopes smoke it… The smart me will invest in a bottle everyday and drink it!”
Since then, I have been drinking the concentrated wheatgrass juice almost everyday. After a week or so, the pimples on my face were gone and never came back. The daily business to the toilet has never been easier. You know what I mean 🙂
In case you have no clue about the benefits about drinking wheatgrass…
- One ounce of wheatgrass juice represents as much nutritional value as approximately 2.5 pounds of fresh green vegetables.
- Rich in chlorophyll, hence it helps to remove toxins from meat consumption
- Rich in beta-carotene, acts as a scavenger against harmful molecules flowing naturally through the body or through toxins inhaled from cigarette smoke, air pollution and other damaging sources
- Since it detoxifies your body, your complexion will be better
- Cleanses, purifies and feeds your body by activating the white blood cells, which boost the body’s immune system, preventing cancer
- Helps you who need to lose weight or cleanse their bodies.
- Helps you sleep better at night
So if you want a hassle free daily health drink, you can try the concentrated wheatgrass drink from Hockhua Tonic.
You may be also interested in the post on other foods on skin healing.
If you are not comfortable with drinking wheatgrass as liang teh everyday but looking for an excellent skincare product, do check out my other post.